In rainy season, pay attention to preventing "goat disease"
Recently, the rain has increased, and the heat and humidity will increase after sunny days. You must pay more attention to raising sheep. Peste des petits ruminants is a highly contagious infectious disease caused by the Peste des petits ruminants virus, commonly known as "sheep plague". The main features of the disease are fever, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, gastroenteritis and pneumonia. Peste des petits ruminants can cause serious harm to the health of small ruminants such as goats and sheep, causing huge economic losses to breeding companies and farmers. Therefore, reasonable comprehensive prevention and control measures should be taken to try to control the epidemic before it occurs.
Do a good job in daily feeding management
Establish and improve the epidemic prevention system to improve the level of animal epidemic prevention. Outsiders and vehicles should be thoroughly disinfected before entering the sheep house. Adhere to the breeding principle of own sheep breeding. Lambs should be introduced from non-infected areas and introduced through regular breeding farms (households); quarantine and register with the local animal health supervision agency to obtain the quarantine certificate of origin; when introducing foreign lambs, the lamb must be disinfected and kept in isolation. Ensure that the lamb is healthy.
Quickly control the source of infection
When a suspected outbreak of Peste des petits ruminants is discovered, timely measures must be taken. Specific measures include the following aspects:
1. Regardless of whether it is a farmer or an epidemic control technician, they should report the epidemic to the relevant local authorities as soon as they are found, and the relevant departments should immediately activate the epidemic prevention and control plan after receiving the report, and carry out the epidemic detection quickly and orderly , Isolation control and elimination and other prevention and control work.
2. In the process of epidemic prevention and control and infection source treatment, the principle of "strict, early, small, and fast" should be strictly followed, and the infected sheep should be quickly isolated and killed, and at the same time, harmless treatment and routine disinfection should be carried out.
Full implementation of immunization
Vaccination is an effective means to prevent Peste des petits ruminants. Specific measures include the following aspects:
1. When introducing foreign animals, conduct investigation and quarantine work, and it is prohibited to introduce animals from the area where the epidemic occurs.
2. Do a good job of immunization and fundamentally strengthen disease prevention and control. The rainy season and cold and dry season are the high incidence periods of the disease. Before the rainy season, young small ruminants should be immunized, and the vaccine should be carried out at the age of 2-6 months; the vaccination method is to use the small ruminant pestis vaccine on goats and sheep. Wait for small ruminants to give subcutaneous injections to both sides of the neck, with a dose of 1 head/head.
3. Usually, the sheep will produce antibodies 7 days after the vaccine is injected, but it should be noted that even if the immunization is carried out, the daily disinfection and epidemic inspection should be strengthened and must not be taken lightly.