Tips for raising sheep with tofu residue
Tofu residue is the residue left after the juice is filtered out when making tofu. It is not only low in price but also high in protein content. It is often used as feed for raising sheep. To use tofu dregs to raise sheep must understand the key points of attention.
1. Tofu residue needs to be processed before feeding
Because raw bean products contain anti-nutritional factor enzymes, they can inhibit the digestion and absorption of feed by sheep. Fresh tofu residue is also a raw bean product, and certain processing techniques must be used to eliminate anti-nutritional factor enzymes before feeding.
Heat and cook. Put the fresh tofu residue into a large pot or other container, and cook it through continuous heating to eliminate the anti-nutritional factor enzymes. At the same time, it can also effectively prevent the lamb diarrhea caused by feeding the tofu residue with excessive water content.
Add EM bacteria (probiotics) for fermentation. Put the fresh bean curd residue into a sealed bag or other sealed container, add an appropriate amount of EM bacteria (probiotics), mix well and seal it. After 7-12 days of fermentation, the anti-nutritional factor enzymes in the tofu residue can be eliminated, and the fermented tofu residue has the advantages of good palatability, easy digestion and long-term storage.
2. Tofu dregs need to be fed with other feeds
Although the protein content of tofu is high, the nutrition is not comprehensive and the energy is low. It must be fed with other feeds. The specific feed formula should be formulated according to local feed resources, breed and size of mutton sheep. Recommended fattening sheep feed formula: soybean straw 20%, peanut seedling 20%, other roughage 10%, tofu residue 30%, corn 12%, wheat bran 5%, premix 2%, salt 0.5%, baking soda 0.5%.
1. The first large-scale feeding of sheep that have not been fed with tofu residue can easily cause flatulence or indigestion. Feeding should be done step by step and gradually transition to feed for sheep.
2. When the water content of the tofu residue is too large, it can be properly dried to control the water before feeding.
3. The pregnant ewes should be fed less or no tofu residue.
4. When the tofu residue is stored for a long time, it must be dried and dehydrated or sealed and fermented.
5. Tofu residue is prone to deterioration in high temperature weather, so it is strictly forbidden to feed deteriorated tofu residue.
For more farming information, please follow Sheep&Cattle Farming .