Forage and feed preparation for mutton sheep
Sheep is a typical herbivore. In the past, most sheep were raised for grazing. Now in order to protect the ecological environment, the forage, feed preparation and feeding methods of mutton sheep affect the economic benefits of sheep raising. The key technologies in this area are briefly introduced below:
1. Choose ideal forage and feed
Ideal forages include alfalfa, clover, etc., and concentrates include corn, bran, bean cake and black beans. After weaning, the sheep shall be given 0.4 kg of concentrate, 2-2.5 kg of hay, 2 kg of silage, and 0.5 kg of root feed every day after weaning; in summer, they should be allowed to eat more grass, first reduce the hay, and then reduce the concentrate; replenish bone meal and salt all year round. The feed amount is 2% and 1% of the concentrate respectively.
2. Hay drying and feeding
1. Dry field: suitable for seasons or areas with less rain. After the forages are harvested, they are laid flat or piled into small piles for drying.
2. Dry grass on racks: In autumn when there is a lot of rain, you can use grass racks to dry grass. When drying, pile the pasture loosely into a cone or ridge shape, 70-80 cm thick, 20-30 cm above the ground, and keep the surrounding ventilation , The upper end of the grass frame must have rain-proof facilities; the general air-drying time is 1-3 weeks.
3. Brown hay preparation: suitable for rainy seasons, air-dry the forages to about 50% moisture content, stack them in layers, 3-5 meters high. When palletizing, add 0.5%-1% of the total amount of forages with salt (to prevent moisture), and layer them tightly, and use the forage fermentation to increase temperature and evaporate part of the water. Turn the stack after 1-2 months and let it dry naturally.
4. Feeding: High-quality hay is suitable for whole plant feeding or feeding with concentrate after crushing.
3. Treatment of straw feed
1. Crushing method: After crushing the straw, it can improve the palatability and reduce waste. It can be mixed with concentrate.
2. Fermentation method: Use microorganisms to decompose the cellulose in the straw through fermentation, improve the nutrients of the straw, and increase the crude protein content.
3. Ammonification: using liquid nitrogen, urine ammonium, ammonium bicarbonate and ammonia water, the straw is ammoniated under sealed conditions.
4. Silage method: Corn stalks just harvested from ears of corn are suitable for silage. The silage method is similar to the ammoniation method.
Fourth, the preparation and feeding of concentrated feed
Concentrated feed mainly refers to grain, meal and animal protein feed. Its processing method is mainly through crushing for supplementary feeding. Concentrated feed requires a variety of grains and cakes. Don't feed too much, otherwise the sheep will get sick easily.
For more farming information, please follow Sheep&Cattle Farming .
Welcome to GREAT FARM, if you have any questions, please leave a message and feel free to contact us.
Tel: +86 371 5517 0327
Phone/WhatApp: +86 181 3782 2989
Home page: https://www.great-farm.com
Welcome To Visit Our Store:
On Alibaba: https://jinhuinongye.en.alibaba.com
On AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1504269
Company Product Website: