Fine wool sheep breeding technology and matters needing attention
It is not difficult to breed fine-wool sheep, as long as you choose a suitable site and conduct scientific breeding management, you can raise the sheep well. In the breeding process, pay attention to the different breeding methods of fine-wool sheep at different stages, and pay attention to make adjustments when necessary.
1. Selection of breeding site
When raising fine-wool sheep, the sheep house should be built in a place that is convenient for grazing, which can save costs and is also beneficial to its growth. It does not have high requirements for the sheep house, and it has good ventilation and can shelter from wind and rain.
2. Feeding and management of fine wool sheep
1. Feeding management during the mating period. For breeding rams in the breeding season, in order to ensure good breeding body condition and breeding ability during the breeding season, the nutrition of breeding rams should be strengthened 1 to 1.5 months before entering the breeding period, based on general breeding management. , Gradually increase the supply of concentrated feed, and increase the proportion of protein feed, the dosage is 60% to 70% of the standard during the mating period. During the mating period, feed 0.8 to 1.5 kg of mixed concentrate, 1 kg of carrots, 15 g of salt, 10 g of bone meal, and appropriate amount of green hay. After the mating period, the main purpose of the rams is to restore their physical strength, increase fat and rejuvenate, and the ration standard and feeding system must be gradually transitioned, and there should be no major changes.
2. Feeding management during non-breeding period. In the non-breeding period, rams should not only provide enough heat, but also enough protein, minerals and vitamins. Feed 0.5 kg of mixed concentrate, 0.5 kg of carrots, 10 g of salt, 5 g of bone meal every day, and meet the supply of high-quality green hay.
3. Feeding and management of fine wool sheep ewe. ① Feeding management in the early pregnancy period. In the first 3 months of pregnancy, the fetus develops slowly, and the required nutrients are not significantly increased. Management should avoid eating frosty grass and moldy feed, and not drinking ice water to prevent the ewe from being frightened and running to avoid miscarriage. ② Feeding management in late pregnancy. In the second trimester of pregnancy, the fetus develops rapidly, and 90% of the birth weight is completed at this stage. In order to ensure the normal development of the fetus and to store nutrients for postpartum breastfeeding, the feeding and management of ewes should be strengthened. For ewes that give birth to lambs in winter and spring, on the basis of grazing, 0.3 to 0.5 kg of mixed concentrate, 0.5 kg of carrots, 10 grams of salt, 5 to 10 grams of bone meal and an appropriate amount of high-quality hay shall be provided every day on the basis of grazing. Daily increase of 170 to 190 grams. For ewes that produce fall lambs, in addition to strengthening grazing, a small amount of mixed concentrate, salt, and bone meal should be properly supplemented according to their body conditions.
4. Feeding and management of lambs. Lamb feeding and management should pay attention to lactating ewe feeding, lamb feeding and management.
(1) Lamb feeding and management in the early stage of lactation. From birth to 2 months of age, it is the pre-lactation stage of lambs. After the lamb is born, first let the lamb eat colostrum. Colostrum is the first milk secreted by the ewe after lambing. It is rich in nutrients and antibodies such as protein and fat. It has anti-disease and laxative effects. It plays an important role in strengthening physical fitness, resisting diseases and passing meconium. If the lamb ewe dies accidentally, we should also try to let the lamb eat the colostrum of other ewes. The motherless orphan lambs should find nanny sheep for them as soon as possible, and milk or artificial milk should be used to supplement the lack of milk. Pay attention to temperature, feeding amount, time and hygiene. Do not feed corn paste and millet porridge, otherwise lambs will have diarrhea due to lack of enzymes to digest starch.
15 days after the lamb is born, the lamb must be trained to eat to promote the development of the front stomach and increase the source of nutrition. Separate the lambs and feed them to the crushed mixed feed. Always keep green hay and salt bricks for them to eat freely, while ensuring sufficient drinking water.
In short, keep the sheep house dry and clean during the breastfeeding period, and often bedding grass or dry soil. It is advisable to keep the temperature in the house around 5°C. Too high or low temperature in the house, poor ventilation or violent wind attacks, will cause a large number of lambs. At the same time, the lamb sports field and supplementary feeding field should be cleaned every day to prevent the lambs from eating manure and scattered wool.
3. Precautions for breeding fine wool sheep
1. Mainly grazing, with appropriate supplementary feeding. In addition to taking advantage of the seasons of summer and autumn to go out early and return late to grasp the condition, it is also necessary to work hard on the feeding and management of autumn, winter and spring. The first is to insist on preparing enough spring and winter off-season forage feed every year; the second is to store enough concentrate and feed appropriately. According to the number of age-appropriate ewes each year, 20-30 kilograms of refined grain shall be supplemented each year, and the supplementary feeding objects shall be tilted towards breeding rams, pregnant sheep and weak sheep until the concentrate is broken after the green change; the third is to follow the group grazing. That is, when grazing people do not leave the flock, the grazing method is adopted in rounds and fragments; the fourth is to feed specific sheep. After the winter, the sheep with poor physical fitness are picked out and fed in a centralized house to prevent death due to lack of spring. After the physique is restored, they will return to the same herd; the fifth is a reasonable mix of feeds and scientific feeding. Do not feed rot, mildew and soil-laden feed. Adhere to the principle of "three cuts of grass and fat without material", and cut the forage as short as possible to about 2 cm. At the same time, try to reduce the amount of diligence, first rough and then refined.
2. Select the good and the bad, and update the herd structure year by year. In addition to the long-term insistence on retaining mothers, we should focus on phasing out sheep with low production performance and poor mothers and litters to ensure that the age-appropriate ewes account for more than 59%, so that the flock structure tends to be reasonable and optimized; and do a good job The introduction of breeding rams and the breeding of young rams have insisted on replacing the breeding rams once every three years.
3. Optimized combination of rams and ewes to achieve a full match. Breed selection is the key to improving the quality of sheep. Xinjiang-type Chinese Merino sheep and Australian blood rams can be used to scientifically select and match local ewes, so that the best (male) is matched with the best (female) to achieve full mates.
4. With the production and rearing, take care of the lamb and raise the young. The specific methods are: (1) In view of the problems of fast growth and development of lambs in late pregnancy and high nutrient consumption of postpartum lambs, the ewe will be supplemented with concentrate for 1.5 to 2 months one month before lambing. So that the ewe can recover as soon as possible after giving birth, and feed the lambs with full milk; (2) When the lambs are 15-20 days old and learn to eat grass, they should be pasted for 1 to 1.5 months to meet the needs of their growth and development, and can increase the weaning weight by 15～ 20%.
5. Do a good job in the prevention and control of epidemic diseases. In the spring and autumn seasons, we will do a good job in the immunization of foot-and-mouth disease, sheep IV vaccine (bacteria) vaccine, and the treatment of internal and external parasitic diseases in sheep. They also need to bring their own common veterinary drugs, and when they find that the sheep is abnormal, they can be treated in time to eliminate the disease in the bud.
For more farming information, please follow Sheep&Cattle Farming .
Welcome to GREAT FARM, if you have any questions, please leave a message and feel free to contact us.
Tel: +86 371 5517 0327
Phone/WhatApp: +86 181 3782 2989
Home page: https://www.great-farm.com
Welcome To Visit Our Store:
On Alibaba: https://jinhuinongye.en.alibaba.com
On AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1504269
Company Product Website: