How to improve the milk production of dairy cows in winter
Cows are the most suitable temperature for high milk production, 8-16 degrees Celsius, too hot or cold are not good for producing more milk. In addition, there is less green forage in winter, more hay, and low nutritional value of feed, which can easily lead to a decrease in milk production and even affect normal growth and development. Therefore, scientific breeding and strengthening management in winter can effectively increase milk production.
1. Improve the feed standard The feed standard for winter feeding is generally increased by 10%-15% compared with the warm season. Especially concentrate feed should be increased by 15%.
2. To maintain and control the temperature of the cowshed. One is to hang grass curtains on the west and north walls of the cowshed to keep out wind and cold. The second is to bind a plastic film with good light-transmitting properties on the windows for windshield and heat preservation. The third is to hang cotton curtains on the door to keep out wind and heat. The fourth is to sprinkle a layer of crushed hay on the ground of the cattle pen every night to increase the temperature. The fifth is to build a fire in the cowshed to increase temperature. A stove with a smoke tube can be used to exhaust smoke and harmful gases outdoors to ensure the safety of humans and animals.
3. Increase the light time. In winter, using white fluorescent lamps (1 per 3 cubic meters) and lighting at night for 16-18 hours can increase milk production by more than 10% and increase the temperature of the barn.
4. Supply enough water to drink warm water. Drinking water should be warm water. Drinking 8.5 degrees of warm water to cows in winter will make you drink 1.5 degrees of cold water to produce about 8% more milk. Practical experience, the suitable drinking water temperature in winter is 12-14 degrees for adult cows, 15-16 degrees for milking and pregnant cows, and 35-38 degrees for calves.
5. Supplementary salt intake The daily salt supply depends on the weight of the cow and the level of milk production. Generally, 50-100 grams of salt is supplied per head per day.
6. Strengthen exercise outside the house. In the warmer noon every day, drive the cows to the playground outside the house and let the cows move freely for 2-3 hours, in order to absorb fresh air, exercise physical fitness, increase appetite, prevent diseases, and increase milk production. .
7. Wear a mask to protect the breasts. Wearing a bra to the udders of cows can keep warm and prevent cold and freeze, clean the udders, and improve milk production and milk quality.
8. Do a good job in sanitation and epidemic prevention. First, clean the cowshed frequently. The second is to put a layer of soft hay on the place where the cow lies to make the cow lie down. The third is to scatter wood ash to remove moisture, deodorize and disinfect. The fourth is to brush the cow body once a day to keep the body surface clean. Fifth, disinfect the premises and sports grounds, inject vaccines, and prevent the occurrence of infectious diseases according to the epidemic prevention procedures. Sixth, deworming cattle once to protect gastrointestinal health.
For more farming information, please follow Sheep&Cattle Farming .
Welcome to GREAT FARM, if you have any questions, please leave a message and feel free to contact us.
Tel: +86 371 5517 0327
Phone/WhatApp: +86 181 3782 2989
Home page: https://www.great-farm.com
Welcome To Visit Our Store:
On Alibaba: https://jinhuinongye.en.alibaba.com
On AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1504269
Company Product Website: